General Artwork Specifications
Full color scratch areas give you complete freedom of creativity! The scratch can be whatever you want – your logo, vector icons, full color images, and more.
To make sure your job is proofed and produced quickly and seamlessly, we ask that you please send it back in the file you created it in (Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop file) and also follow these guidelines:
1. Follow directions in the template
- Bleed and Safe Area
- Embed all images and assets
- Provide all typefaces and fonts
2. Leave at least .1875” of space around the scratch area, free of other design elements. This is referred to as the full color scratch safe area.
3. Add your scratch area to the “Place SCRATCH Here” layer.
- Please note: Full color scratch areas print with a slight tint. We suggest avoiding the color white in the scratch area as it will appear as a light gray.
4. Please leave enough space for the security control number ⓘ
5. Save your file in its layered ⓘ native format ⓘ (.AI or .PSD) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy! Just follow the artwork specs listed above and share/download your artwork as PDF – Standard.
Under the Scratch
Prizes are typically entered through our secure prize creator site for the integrity of your prizes. By entering your prizes through this link, it reassures you that spelling, grammar and punctuation are correct, quantities are correct and most importantly, it will show you exactly how the prize will print under the scratch area. This will also create a spreadsheet for us. This way we will have the correct information entered by you and/or your team. This is the safest way of providing us with your prize breakdown.
Please note: If you are providing prizes in any of the following below, those cannot be uploaded to our prize creator site. In this case, please note this to our project coordinator, Lerissa (email@example.com).
- Custom Fonts
- Colors (Other Than Black)
- Vector Icons or Images
- Multiple Prize Areas
- Static Prize (Same prize on every scratch card).
- Codes (Alpha and/or Numeric)
Standard text prizes are printed black in Calibri – Regular font. Please submit all standard text prizes through the prize creator. It will show you exactly how it will print underneath the scratch area.
Non-standard text, varying sizes/weights, color text, icons and prize images can be submitted with the artwork for your card design.
*Additional cost may apply for more than 10 prizes.
The scratch off safe zone is an area to keep important information and design elements, such as type, away from the scratch material. During application of the scratch area, there can be a slight shift on some cards. We caution our customers to not design directly around the scratch material including text paths, shapes and outlines.
The safe zone of the card is an area to keep important information and design elements within. During the cutting process, there can be a slight shift on some cards. We caution our customers to avoid borders around the card.